Rainbow Sprinkle Cake with Baileys Buttercream

Ello lovelies i'm back again for another baking escapade.

It was my friends birthday a couple weeks ago and she asked me to make a cake for her the request was for it to be colourful and that she liked the flavours vanilla, lemon, orange, baileys, chocolate, red or blue velvet and carrot so basically most flavours known to man.
After a good couple days contemplating what type of crazy friends I have and completely confused as to what to do the lightbulb hit me VANILLA CAKE WITH BAILEYS BUTTERCREAM. I cant deny I felt like a genius lool.

The recipe wasn't too hard it was only a 10 inch cake with 2 layers. However the Baileys Buttercream was my dilema, I personally don't like Baileys I don't understand the concept of a drink which is like an alcohol milkshake lol. I made about 4 cupcakes the day before to test out the recipe and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tasty lool  (I think you get an idea of how tasty it was lol ), I asked my flatmates to taste them as well just to see it wasn't just to my taste.

The cake was going all good, You know when your baking and you're like YASS this will be my finest creation ever loool that was me I had my idea in my head everything was going well... until it came to putting the little sprinkles/ non- pareils/ dots of doom onto the cake.

At first they were sticking then not sticking then embedding themself in the cake in the end i gave up trying because the icing was getting too soft and they just weren't sticking. I thought maybe when the cake is dry it would stick to the cake... I was wrong just fell right off.

Despite all those ups and downs in the end I had a very tasty vanilla and baileys cake. It made me so much more excited to experiment with flavours.

Hope you enjoyed my Post

Just a Girl Who Loves To Bake x



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author